Whatever preoccupies your heart forms your life
- A preoccupying perspective about your circumstances will form your life.
- A preoccupying attitude about a person actually forms your relationship.
- A preoccupying ambition writes the story of your life, it shapes your future.
So be careful of the preoccupations of your heart, they mold who you are becoming.
A preoccupation that produces life and peace
Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace. (Romans 8:5–6 NIV)
Find encouragement here: The Holy Spirit desires to literally change your nature. And this change brings life more alive, and peace stronger than any storm that churns inside you.
The Holy Spirit Is Preoccupied With Changing You
If you have embraced Christ, then the Holy Spirit is in you, and He is preoccupied with changing your nature; and convincing you that you are fully forgiven, fully accepted, and fully loved by God. He can change you, He can create life and peace in you …
But you must cooperate with the Holy Spirit by becoming preoccupied with His desires for you.
How does the Holy Spirit do this in you? Here it is in Romans 8:5-12.
- He gives you a new way to think, vss 5-6
- He offers you a new kind of power, vs 11
- He provides you a new kind of motivation, vss 12-13
Want to know more? Watch this message “How the Spirit Changes You.”