God Makes A Promise
God makes a promise to you for when you are in the storm or fire — it’s the promise of His presence. His presence is enough. It can give you courage, peace, strength, and a sense of purpose in it.
Isaiah 43:1–5 (ESV)
1. But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior …
4. Because you are precious in my eyes, and honored, and I love you … .
5. Fear not, for I am with you;
Why You Don’t Have to Fear
His presence doesn’t always mean that He always takes you out of the flood or the flame. But it does mean He can take away the fear of them. And that changes things completely.
Here’s why you don’t have to fear the flood or fire when they come into your life —
You belong to God — verse 1, He who created you, formed you, redeemed you, called you by name.
God is in it with you — verse 2, I will be with you.
You mean so much to God — verse 4, you are precious to Me, and honored, and I love you.
In the hard thing, God does a new thing — verse 19, I am doing a new thing.
Here’s more, watch the message: